The Night Before Valentine's Day
The night before has always been the most exciting. Waiting, wondering... what does he or she have planned? If you've been waiting all year for this one night of romance... you don't have to wait any longer!! Make the night before a great foreshadow of what's to come. Remember be excited!!
Won't you be mine?
Ready to let your love know that you've got a big Valentine's Day surprise waiting for him? Here is a list of a few things you can do to let them know!!
- Give your love a taste of Valentine's Day with a small but quite elaborate gift. Make it something that gives a clue of what is in store for the next day - maybe a small indoor picnic if your valentine's date includes a meal.
- Mail or give them an invitation to whatever you have planned. Include the specifics, like how to dress, what time he or she should be there or be available, etc.
- Send a rose to your love with a note attached letting them know you haven't forgotten about the big day.
- About a week or so before Valentine's Day, write in a journal every day about the reasons why you love your mate and why this Valentine's Day is so special to you. The night before, give it to them.
- With each meal, try to incorporate hearts in as many ways as you can!
- Kidnap your partner the day before and take them to your romantic destination a day early!
- Create a scavenger hunt with clues on what you'll be doing! For ex. the first card could lead them to a new outfit for them to wear the next night. The second card could lead them to wine & cheese symbolizing dinner, the next card could lead them to a ticket to a movie or theater event. The fourth card could lead them to a piece of sexy lingerie, etc.
- Give them love coupons to be redeemed at anytime till midnight on Valentine's Day!
Let the celebration begin...
A little pre-celebration never hurt anyone!! It's kind of like opening that one gift on Christmas Eve... just enough to hold you over until the big day.
- Candlelit bath and massage - get your love ready and relaxed for the big date with a nice relaxing candlelit bath. Follow with a relaxing massage. Try a few of the massage tips located here.
- Plan a fun pre-valentine night together. Rent a movie, order pizza and just play with each other like you would have when you were younger.
- Stay the night at a hotel that offers a late morning check-out and has room service for breakfast.
- Prepare a night of romance... Set the mood with candles, music and wine, champagne, or sparkling cider. Order take out and shower each other with love!
- Before you go to bed, place a little chocolate cupid on his or her pillow with a little love note.
- Have fun and unwind - visit a local arcade or take in a game of pool.
- Play games - cards, chess, monopoly, video games - order take out.
- Play some romantic music or just cuddle up in a warm blanket and watch your favorite movie together.
- Go for a hike, build a snowman, fly a kite, have a snowball fight, go for a skate, etc.
- Go out to a coffee house or "theme" restaurant. Many bigger cities have restaurants that create an interactive experience, like being part of a murder mystery or medieval event. Check your local city guide!
The most important thing to remember is to make it special. You and your love have found each other and are celebrating that perfect union of hearts. Never forget why you fell in love, and why you keep falling in love with them over and over again.